Body literacy is understanding your body, knowing what makes it tick, what impacts it the most, and what your body is doing on a deeper level and how that intertwines with your every day.
Zero body literacy is women not knowing when they ovulate, not knowing the phases of their cycle, not knowing how to change their lifestyle to maximize their potential based on where they are in their cycle, not knowing what it means to work with a cycle instead of against it, not tracking their period, not knowing what basal temp is.
Someone with body literacy:
- Charts their cycles
- Knows when they ovulate
- Knows what makes their period heavier/PMS worse
- Knows what BBT is
- Knows how to interpret BBT and ovulation
- Knows the phases of their cycle
- Knows what impacts the phases of their lifestyle
- Knows how to work with stress, nutrition, training, work, and their cycle